Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Just thinking....

I had lunch with my mentor today. We talked a lot about my experience at Gettysburg and how different it is for me to be here now. My main "problems" are gone, I earned two Master's degrees neither of which is in Music Ed, and I'm doing something that I love and I am very good at. I recently accepted a position as the Music Librarian at Belmont University in Nashville, TN - an opportunity for which I am very excited.

Now I'm sitting and watching the "Christmas at St. Olaf" concert and wondering what my life would be like if I had gone there for college. My mom claims she tried to get me to go and I said no, but I definitely do not remember this conversation. Perhaps the pitch wasn't that great. Maybe it wasn't mentioned that I could study Norwegian and music. Either way, I can't help but wonder what my life would be like now had I spent 4 years in Minnesota.

I know I can't have any regrets, but it makes me think...

No comments: